Hey guys, I don’t normally post this sort of thing-what-I-ate article, but this turned out really well, so I had to share.
Beef & Sweet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds stew beef, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- diced onion to taste
- coconut oil/butter
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 and 1/2 cups beef stock or bouillon
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Place sweet potato cubes in the Crock Pot, cover in stock and set on high.
Mix flour with spices and cocoa powder.
Toss stew beef with the flour mixture, coating each piece.
Heat butter/oil (I used a tablespoon of both) in a large skillet; brown coated beef and onion.
Put beef and onions on top of sweet potatoes.
Cover and cook high for one hour, then reduce to low for 2 hours -or- cook on low 4 to 6 hours, (or until the sweet potatoes are soft, or you just too hungry to wait anymore.)
Serve with biscuits. Feeds four.